The Coalition for Economic Development held its first Regional Leadership Trip in 1997. Since that time, public and private sector leaders have had an opportunity to visit other regions to see how these regions approached various issues of concern or were able to capitalize on opportunities to improve the quality of life for their citizens. Over the last two decades, Roanoke’s leaders have visited places such as Chattanooga, TN; Portland, Maine; Pittsburgh, PA and Greenville, TN. The 2018 Trip will be the 13th in a series of such events.
During the three days, we will have an opportunity to
see how the Winston-Salem area has transitioned from an industrial to a technology economy
as described in the book – From Tobacco to Technology: Reshaping Winston-Salem for the
Download the preliminary Itinerary which includes:
- A tour of the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter
- Presentations on promoting economic development through regional collaboration
- A look at the Goler Community Development Corporation
- A review of the region’s approach to building a skilled workforce, and
- A look at how Winston-Salem transformed its downtown to a tourism center through promoting arts/culture and entertainment venues.
Please register online by Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions. We hope you make plans now to join us October 28-30 in Winston-Salem!
The Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Commission has released the September Newsletter. Below are the topics covered.
- 2018 Regional Leadership Trip – Destination Winston-Salem, NC
- RIDE Solutions Expands Services with New Partnership in West Piedmont Region
- Current Unemployment Rates in the Region
- Botetourt County Broadband Summit
- Regional Commission and Roanoke Valley TPO Support Raising Funds for I-81
- I-81 Corridor Improvement Plan – Final Meeting
- Regional Commission Co-Sponsors Aging in Place Panel
- Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Commission in the News
For more information or to view the full newsletter, visit: https://conta.cc/2R81gB5