The Federal Team reviewing the Roanoke Valley Transportation Planning Organization wants to hear from YOU. However, due to the COVID-19 emergency, the public meeting has been cancelled.
Please provide your input through the survey link below.
The Roanoke Valley Transportation Planning Organization (RVTPO) is responsible for planning the Roanoke Valley’s future transportation system and programming funds to fulfill that vision. The RVTPO’s work is primarily funded by the federal government which reviews regulatory compliance every four years. The Federal Team will consider public input to assess the quality, effectiveness, and any areas of concern on the RVTPO’s performance-based multimodal transportation planning and programming process.
This survey will remain open until April 10, 2020. If the survey does not appear below, please use the weblink: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DoYouKnowRVTPO
The RVTPO and the Federal Team appreciate your input!
If you need assistance with this survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (540) 343-4417. Due to COVID-19, we are not in the office but will get back to you promptly.
Create your own user feedback survey
The survey is now closed.
The Roanoke Valley Transportation Planning Organization (RVTPO) administers the region’s Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) funding program which provides approximately $5 million/year for transportation improvements in the RVTPO region. In September, the RVTPO received 13 new funding requests:
- Botetourt County – Route 220 Superstreet and Access Management – ($924,000)
- GRTC – New Downtown Transit Transfer Center – Real-time Transit Passenger Information (RTPI) Project – ($400,000)
- City of Roanoke – Aviation Drive / Valley View Blvd Pedestrian Improvements ($2,513,437)
- City of Roanoke – Greenway Connection – Riverland Road ($1,198,410 )
- City of Roanoke – Roanoke River Greenway – East ( $835,000 )
- Roanoke County – Route 419 Streetscape Improvements, Phase 2 (Starkey Rd. to Ogden Rd.) – ($1,505,438)
- Roanoke County – Oak Grove Streetscape Improvements – ($216,748)
- Roanoke County – Ogden Road Multimodal Improvements Scoping – ($80,000)
- Roanoke County – Old Cave Spring Road Intersection Improvements – ($2,861,756)
- Roanoke County – Orange Market Park and Ride/Parking Lot Improvements – ($343,573)
- Roanoke County – Valleypointe Parkway Realignment – ($5,352,108)
- Town of Vinton – Glade Creek Greenway Phase 3 Engineering Study and Design Plans, 2022 – ($144,442.50)
- Town of Vinton – Gus Nicks Boulevard Pedestrian/Bicycle Crossing, 2021 – ($169,650)
The RVTPO Policy Board is reviewing these funding requests along with the needs of currently funded STBG projects; a draft investment plan is expected to be available for public input in early 2020. The Policy Board will be approving transportation project investments in the spring 2020. More information about the STBG program may be found online at rvarc.org/stbg.
A public hearing will be scheduled.