Currently, the Roanoke Valley Area Metropolitan Planning Organization is accepting applications for new RSTP projects until September 26, 2014. The projects will be scored throughout the fall/winter of 2014, and approved by the RVAMPO Policy Board in the spring of 2015.
Eligible recipients of RSTP funds in the Roanoke Valley Area include:
- Member local governments who have all or a portion of their territory in the RVAMPO Study Area Boundary (Bedford County, Botetourt County, Montgomery County, City of Roanoke, Roanoke County, City of Salem and the Town of Vinton)
- Greater Roanoke Transit Company (Valley Metro)
- Unified Human Services Transportation Systems, Inc. (RADAR)
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
- Roanoke Valley Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (RVAMPO) and Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Commission (RVARC) – RVAMPO and RVARC for planning studies.
For more information on project selection and the application process, click here for the RSTP Project Selection Procedures. (RSTP Application is included within the Project Selection Procedures Document)