At their Thursday, December 10th meeting, the Regional Commission Board adopted the Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Housing Market Study Analysis.
This comprehensive study is composed of five individual studies: Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Housing Study; Franklin County Countywide Housing Study; City of Roanoke Citywide Housing Study; Roanoke County Countywide Housing Study; and City of Salem Citywide Housing Study. To view the entire study, click on the image to the right.
The goals and purpose of the Study are to:
- Identify housing needs and provide both a region-wide and locality-specific housing market analysis.
- Identify housing supply and demand issues and opportunities within the region and within each of the four sub-geographies.
- Advance economic development opportunities by addressing housing concerns.
- Develop regional and locality-specific recommendations to address housing needs.
- Engage stakeholders to help understand housing needs/challenges and create a shared understanding of that need.