The Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Commission (RVARC) is soliciting partnership applications from applicants for RVARC’s award of Virginia Housing Planning District Commission housing funds from its member localities and/or non-profit and for-profit affordable housing developers.
Funds awarded through this solicitation of partners must contribute to the development of at least 20 units of housing affordable to individuals/families at or below 80% Area Median Income. All projects awarded funds, whether owner-occupied or renter-occupied units, must be habitable by 6/30/2024. The goals of the RVARC during the administration of this grant are:
- Increase stock of affordable housing units in underserved areas of the region.
- Focus on first-time homebuyers.
- Integrate incomes and housing by providing mixed-use and/or mixed-income rental developments.
- Create a strategic process for identifying and investing in housing needs with a regional approach
- Support creative, collaborative projects that meet additional social needs as:
- Aging in Place
- Mixed housing/income neighborhoods
- Recovery Housing
- Universal Design
Sealed proposals will be received until 5:00 p.m., EST on Friday, March 18, 2022. A full copy of the RFA may be obtained here.
Questions, revisions, and corrections to the RFA can be found here.
Contact Bryan Hill at [email protected] for more information.